Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Towards the end of the beginning..

Life is crazy busy here.  I am not complaining, time is flying.  I just wish that I had more time to clean, do laundry and pay bills, yet here I am blogging.  We had our 8th recruitment practice Monday.  It was fantastic!  We practiced our whips again and learned blocking basics.  We will incorporate the blocking on skates on Sunday and Monday.  I can hardly wait!  Wednesday, we get to practice with the whole league at our venue.  Our venue is pretty impressive, as far as roller derby venues go.  I have been dreaming about skating there for over a year now.  It will be surreal.

My boy seems to be getting a little better.  I think a lot of his problem is his mouth is so swollen from teething.  We are almost half way done with the antibiotics.  It is very hard to get 4 ml down a baby twice a day.  I will be so glad when that is over, it is no fun for either of us.  The rest of us seem to be staying fairly healthy.  I hate the cold and flu season.

My husband is still in the states doing his training.  It is nice that I can just call him up on his cell phone when I want.  He is the most fun to talk to about my derby obsession.  He is so supportive and excited for me.  I appreciate him putting in his 2 cents and then also keeping me grounded when necessary.  I wish he would be here to see me skate.  Hopefully at least one of our bouts will have some sort of Internet broadcasting, so he can watch from Iraq.  I am even more hopeful that maybe his deployment will be cut a little short.  Obviously, it would be fantastic to have him home but it would also be great if he could catch the end of this coming season.  In the mean time, I'll have to make sure to do well blogging about it.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment