Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gonna Vent

I am now getting myself a bit worked up.  I am going to play derby, plain and simple.  I could get hurt, yes.  I could also get hurt doing many other activities that I do everyday.  Just because you play derby, does not mean you are going to suffer any serious injuries (actually, injuries are hardly ever serious).  Okay, so I did break my wrist a few months ago skating.  I was not playing derby and I did not have on any protective equipment (boy is hindsight 20/20).  I did not need hardly any help with my kids during that time.  I learned how to do everything myself with one arm.  I was on my own with the kids the day after my surgery for God's sake.  I am a tough woman, I can do it.  I was at my daughter's 6th skating birthday party the day after delivering my 11 pound son.  This is a true story.  Leave me alone and leave the judging up to God.  I am a 36 year old woman that has spent the last 7+ years either breast feeding or being pregnant.  I want to use my body for derby now, oh...and breast feeding.  Yes, my husband is going to be gone for a year.  I am well aware.  This is more reason as to WHY playing derby will be very good for me.  I am getting fit and am getting some downtime to do something I LOVE.  How bout you deal with that and maybe offer to watch my kids once in awhile instead of talking shit.  Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment