Saturday, December 4, 2010

I hate Walmart!

Can I say that and not worry about getting sued?  Lord knows I do not have the funds they do for an attorney.  I'll take my chances.  Let me start off by saying I really am a low key, low drama kind of girl.  I take charge and handle what comes my way without much ado.  Today, I feel like whining a bit.  I had to drop my big boy off at the high school today at 7:30am because he had an Acadec competition.  I had that grocery list together (actually, I forgot it but managed to remember all but the paper towels) and the baby needed a prescription filled for a respiratory/ear infection.  I thought I would go ahead and swing into town for our needs, with all 4 littles (ages 6, 4, 2 and 4 1/2 months).  We get to Walmart and I find out the pharmacy does not open until 9am.  That sucks!  I commence to shop for my list of things, taking my time, in hopes we will be finishing up as the pharmacy opens.  My 2 year old is trying to help by putting many (unwanted) things into the cart.  I am forced to push the large cart with one hand and carry the baby with the other because he is sick and fussy.  I am sure I was quite a site.  It gets close to 9 so we head to the pharmacy.   My evil one (2 year old) decides to grab an apple and take a bite out as we drive by.  Guess I'll be buying that. 

We have never used the Walmart pharmacy so the lady has to enter all our info.  She tells me it will be 15-20 minutes.  Seriously?!  We were the first in line.  Well, I take the kids to the check out. At the check out the 2 year old continues her shenanigans by rummaging through the candy.  Trying to keep her in check, unload the cart and hold a baby proves to be a bit of a challenge.  Finally, it is all done and rang up!  Time to pay.  I look in my wallet and I remember that I left my bank card in the cup holder of my van after getting gas yesterday.  I want to tell ya, it was a cold, cold windy day.  I now get to pack up all the kids to run out to get the card and run back in.  That was not much fun.  We finish paying and then I take the girls to the restroom and sit down at a chair to feed the babe.  By this time, I think we can probably pick up the prescription.  We head back to the pharmacy and the pharmacist informs me she thinks the dosage sounds too high and she wants to call the office to verify.  She waits several minutes on the phone and leaves a message with someone before she lets me know she is going to go ahead and send me on my way but will call me when she hears from the doctor's office.  Thank God.  I am now very ready to bang my head into a wall, or drink, or both.  We are now on our way.  Turns out, the prescription was okay.  No harm in checking though, to be safe.

I am happy to report that the rest of the day was fairly uneventful.  Oh, aside from the "young man" being a goof ball with his friends and getting his leg caught between a pole and the wall at school.  He was able to free himself before I got there.  Lucky for him, at that point I am sure I would have been able to yank his leg free for sure.  Why he would try and place his leg there, I do not know.  I guess his friends were kind enough to video and photograph the incident so I am sure he will be hearing more about that one on Monday.  I almost feel sorry for him.  I am now enjoying a glass of wine and am ready to start a new day tomorrow.  I am feeling confident it will be a much better one!  Honestly, I am now seeing some humor in the events.  Better that than a breakdown.  ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment