Sunday, December 5, 2010

All better!

I had derby practice number 7 today.  We have 3 more left before we take the minimum skills assessment.  I can't wait.  After I pass, the scrimmages and REAL derby will begin.  Today we worked on whips.  It was quite fun.  Speaking of whips, Drew Barrymore's movie "Whip It"  is pretty good.  I like Drew and I love derby though, so I may be a poor judge.

It is amazing that after all of my drama over the week, derby seems to make it all fade away.  I didn't even realize I was in such a funk until I got there.  It is so nice to be able to socialize with the ladies and blow off some steam.  I was told I am slimming down.  That makes me happy!  I hope to continue on that path.  It is the famous deployment diet.  The husband deploys and the wife tries to make his homecoming that much more fantastic.

The baby had a rough time falling asleep tonight.  I think his ears are really bothering him.  I hope he gets some good sleep and healing.  It probably doesn't help that his mouth is about to spring 4 teeth.  Poor boy.  :o(  I am going to head to bed myself, in case it is a rough night.  Hope to blog about things of more interest tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment